LOS ANGELES HOTEL: Inserted
as the acting executive chef while the property was in transition
pre-renovation. Responsible for all food and beverage outlets:
banquets, in-room dining and the a la carte restaurant.
· Decreased average food cost by 2% compared to the previous year.
· Food and Beverage revenue of approximately $20 million annually.
· Improved sanitation scores from failing (68) to excellent (92).
· Stabilized operations and moral, increased accountability in management and staff.
FINE DINING RESTAURANT LOCATED IN A RESORT: Directed the luxury restaurant through peak season to its closure for renovation.
· Increased profit by 30% compared to the previous year. Revenue of $200,000-$280,000 monthly.
· Lowered average food cost by 3.5% compared to the previous year.
· Lowered average labor cost by 4.25% compared to the previous year.
FREE STANDING MULTI-OUTLET OPERATION: Responsible for creating quality and profitability improvements across a five-outlet operation.
· Increased profit by 20% at largest outlet, directed the smallest from failing to break even.
· Revenue of $14.3 million company-wide in 2006, on track for $15.6 million when I finished the project in 2007.
· Focused menus for concept and seasonality, brought creativity and the first menu change in 2 years.